22 Dec 2023
Elevate Your Outdoor Living: A Guide to Outdoor Pavers and Tiles
Is there anyone who doesn't enjoy being in the great outdoors? We all have our favourite outside activities, whether it's taking a garden stroll in the morning or relaxing on the patio over the weekends and throwing get-togethers for friends and family. So, this call for keeping our outdoor spaces updated with the latest in outdoor designs.
Therefore, when it’s time to upgrade your outdoor living, it's vital to make thoughtful decisions that go well beyond appearances. Designing an outdoor space that reflects your vision is just as important as choosing the right flooring materials since they have a significant impact on both the area's practicality and the overall vibe of your space. One thing that plays a major role in influencing how your space looks overall is the flooring choice you make between outdoor tiles and outdoor pavers. By making an informed choice and becoming aware of the distinct qualities, uses and factors associated with each, you can seamlessly turn your outdoor area into a beautiful and stylish combination of design and functionality.
In this blog, we’ll cover the broad spectrum of outdoor pavers and tiles, discover what makes each of these unique and explore how the subtle differences could make a big impact on the design of your outdoor living area. Let's begin!
What Differentiates Outdoor Pavers from Outdoor Tiles?
Outdoor pavers are a popular paving choice for outside spaces especially those that get a lot of foot activity and weather exposure. Due to their durable nature and thickness, pavers are a buzzword for toughness and classic style. Whether they are used to create stylish and safe pool decks, sturdy driveways or long-lasting garden paths, a plethora of options are provided by their vast selection of natural stone materials. Outdoor pavers come in an extensive range of materials that offer longevity and are resistant to wear which include Travertine, Limestone, Sandstone, Bluestone, Marble and Granite.
Outdoor tiles tend to be thinner and give a little more upscale appearance to areas with low to medium foot activity because of their comparably dense contour. Tiles enhance your outdoor space's visual appeal and are perfect for creating chic patios, comfortable terraces or elegant outdoor dining areas. You may experiment with a variety of design styles, colours and layout patterns thanks to the adaptability and availability of a wide range of natural stone materials in tiles such as Travertine, Limestone, Marble, Sandstone, Granite, Bluestone and Slate.
The Impact of Using Pavers in Outdoor Spaces
- Durability: Outdoor pavers' thickness, integrity and sturdy structure allow them to endure weather extremes and heavy traffic while retaining their original lustre.
- Flexibility in Design: Outdoor pavers come in a range of materials, designs, hues, and textures, providing you with endless design possibilities to enhance your space. You can either match the pavers with your existing landscape or create a strikingly contrasting layout that stands out and makes a noticeable impact.
- Longer Lifespan: Owning to their amazing resilience and incredible durability, outdoor pavers can last for decades and keep your outdoor spaces beautiful minus the need for major repairs and replacements.
- Cost: Although there may be a higher initial outlay involved with pavers, long-term durability and higher stability justify the extra cost.
The Impact of Using Tiles in Outdoor Spaces
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Outdoor tiles come in flawless honed textures and further enhance the visual attractiveness of your area by giving it a flawless, refined appearance. It is more common to use large-format tile styles since they are not as heavy as pavers and are easy to move and fix
- Design Versatility: Outdoor tiles come in a wide variety of materials, patterns, sizes and hues that accommodate a wide range of tastes and aesthetic needs. In addition to floor tiles, they are also commonly used as wall tiles to highlight shower walls, statement walls and kitchen backsplash. They are also used as wall cladding materials for internal and external use.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: Since tiles are majorly used in shaded and covered areas they are not likely to experience the weather elements as much as pavers hence they are relatively easier to clean and maintain.
Let’s Explore Some Design Applications
Choosing outdoor pavers and tiles when remodelling the outside of your home not only dictates the overall aesthetics but also creates a plethora of design options to select from. Let's look into some innovative ways to include these flexible materials to improve the visual attractiveness of your outdoor retreat.
Outdoor Pavers: Creating Timeless Paths
- Walkways & Pathways: Outdoor pavers are an excellent material for designing quaint and long-lasting paths that lead to quiet areas that take you through your garden.
- Driveways: For a classy, long-lasting driveway that can sustain heavy traffic, use durable natural stone materials like Granite. Granite pavers are the ideal choice for a classic and stunning driveway design. Our most popular ones out of our comprehensive range are Raven Black Granite and Silver Grey Granite.
- Pool decking: Pavers are a great material to use for safe and fashionable pool decking because they offer amazing traction and a skid-safe surface.
Design Tips Using Outdoor Pavers
- To give pathways more visual appeal, choose pavers with different sizes and patterns.
- Try using different colour combinations to make eye-catching patterns that will really make your outdoor area stand out.
- For driveways, choose permeable outdoor pavers to enable water drain and lessen outflow.
Outdoor Tiles: Beauty in Every Corner
- Patio Retreats: Patio spaces are ideal for entertaining and relaxing, and outdoor tiles are the ideal way to combine design and comfort.
- Terraces and balconies: Add a touch of luxury to your elevated spaces by using elegant outdoor tiles that transform them into stylish havens.
- Outdoor Dining spaces: The elegant look of outdoor tiles will add sophistication to outdoor dining.
Design Tips for Outdoor Tiles
- Try your hand at creating aesthetically attractive patio floors by experimenting with mosaics or try experimenting with varied patterns that outdoor tiles are available in.
- To provide lightness and create an air of openness, use light-coloured tiles in shaded areas.
- Use matching hues of indoor and outdoor flooring materials to create a harmonious and unified design.
Simple Maintenance Advice for Your Outdoor Pavers and Tiles
- Frequent Cleaning: To get rid of dirt and eliminate discolouration, water off or sweep the pavers.
- Sealing: To extend the life of the pavers and tiles and prevent marks and aging, apply a sealer specifically meant for natural stone.
- Weed Prevention: To keep the surfaces looking neat, keep a watchful eye for weeds and pull them out right away.
- Steer Clear of Harsh Chemicals: To maintain the structural integrity of the pavers, use gentle cleaners. Protect your stone's surface from any sort of acidic cleaners.
When choosing outdoor pavers vs tiles, there are more factors to take into account than just practicality and style. You can design an outdoor haven that expresses your distinct style and way of life, whether you go with outdoor pavers given their toughness and longevity or outdoor patio tiles to bolster and elegantly use in various locations.
You can start the process of creating a tranquil outdoor area that skilfully combines beauty and utility by comprehending the impact, assessing the benefits and drawbacks and implementing upkeep measures. View our vast selection of outdoor pavers and tiles to discover the many options available and allow your outdoor living space to become a continuation of your design story.
*Disclaimer: All information and advice given above in the blog are to the best of our knowledge. Please reconfirm at your end before execution.